We are looking a highly experienced Composite Fabricator / Engineer / Supervisor to be the subject matter expert assisting in leading our fabrication team.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes by performing the following duties.
· Directly responsible for training operators in all the technical aspects of the composites group.
· Ensure that all parts meet quality standards every time.
· Work with Engineering and Quality Engineering to ensure system procedures, work instructions, travelers, time and material estimates, and tooling yield robust processes and repetitive quality parts.
· Develop and maintain a cross training matrix to ensure that each operator can perform all layups as they mature in their position.
· Specific responsibilities for the engineering and fabrication of composite and metal bond components.
· Develop manufacturing process (Bill of Materials & Traveler) for sheet metal and composite parts fabrication to customer requirements per customer supplied data (drawing, mylars and tooling). Must meet job release deadlines.
· Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
· Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
· Estimates production times, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
· Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Citizen” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
· Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
· Should have knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software is required.
· Experience with composite layup fabrication techniques and manufacturing methods
· Demonstrated ability to vacuum bag composite components for subsequent autoclave processing
· Experience with trimming of composite parts as well as autoclave curing, honeycomb core processing and prefit operations.
· Demonstrated Lean background with the ability to perform effective root cause and corrective action
· Must be able to read and understand blueprints and process specifications. Must be familiar with the engineering and processing of composites.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Should have knowledge of CATIA Design software; Epicor software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school desired; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand; walk and sit frequently.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently.
· Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Authorization / Security Clearance
To be determined on a Program specific basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manufacturing Area 100% of the time
· Noise - Moderate noise
· Fumes or airborne particles
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume and salary history in confidence. TIGHITCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including individuals with a disability and veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume