Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon these three pillars:
- Do something meaningful,
- With a great team,
- Earning what you deserve
We started in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. As New England’s Data Resource, we are a small company constantly evolving to keep up with changing landscapes in the data world.
We are proud of the community and culture that we’ve created at Arkatechture, and we have no intention of slowing down. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Employer paid medical, disability, life insurance, with optional dental/vision
- Generous paid time off and eight paid holidays
- 401k & matching
- Training opportunities and certificate reimbursement
- Quarterly reviews & bonus cycles
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
Arkatechture is seeking candidates for a Junior Software Engineer positions to support cloud based software solutions for our clients, particularly in the Data Warehousing and BI world. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a strong drive to learn new and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate has a background of computer science fundamentals and a strong desire to learn the ins and outs of data pipelines and cloud architectures. This position involves interfacing with teams both internally and externally to create novel solutions that drive value. Candidate must be able to write code as well as leverage existing technologies. Experience with version control and projects run in an agile/scrum based environment is a plus.
- Translate business goals and desires into technical requirements
- Data modeling, data profiling, data quality analysis/remediation, database table, index, and view creation
- Designing, developing, testing and review of code [ELT or ETL, views, stored procs, python services etc.]
- Design and implement scalable cloud based infrastructure
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Estimation and working with Project Manager on task allocation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related major or comparable work experience
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience working on any one database: Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience working with APIs: REST APIs, SDKs and CLI tools as part of ETL provisioning
- Experience working with multi-format files: JSON, XML, CSV, Flat, etc.
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Familiarity with Agile software development life cycle and methodology using tool-sets such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- AWS, Azure or GCP Certified Practitioner at any level
- Hands-on experience using ETL tools like Talend, Alteryx, Alooma, Matilion, Informatica, Datastage, etc
- Experience with Data Management implementation projects for Data Lakes/Data Warehousing
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar individual contributor role
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with you Indeed application. If you do not currently live in the Portland, ME area please explain your relocation plans in your cover letter. You must submit all requested documents to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Please mention that you come from TestForThem
when applying for this job.