Stainless Process Systems (www.stainlessprocesssystems.com) is a rapidly growing ASME equipment manufacturer that engineers and builds precision vessels for the Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor, Aerospace, and Food and Beverage industries. SPS fabricates stainless steel equipment both as an OEM and custom (based upon our design) equipment supplier to domestic and global customers. SPS provides engineering services to ASME standards for the highest quality fabrication or repair of pressure vessels, technical processing equipment and non-rated tanks.
As a Stainless Process Systems Quality Control Manager, you evaluate product and workmanship requirements and review designs and blueprint specifications to assure on-time delivery of our world class metal fabricated products. You are a quality expert with ASME welding experience and have a proven track record of being hands on and maintaining ASME quality management systems. You will spearhead the new implementation of an ISO 9002 quality system from the ground up.
Each industry that we build products for has their own stringent mechanical and chemical finish (e.g. polish and passivation) and quality requirements. You will ensure that each particular set of industry requirements are adhered to during product fabrication, completion, and customer delivery.
With your engineering, manufacturing, welding, and/or metal fabrication background you are able to supervise staff to define, measure, analyze, improve and control the full manufacturing process through to customer delivery. For additional information on our product lines, please refer to our website.
- Monitor weld procedures or ASME code requirements, to verify compliance with company, customer, and code specifications.
- Inspect welded subassemblies and assemblies at designated points of the manufacturing process for ASME hold points.
- Maintain compliance to ASME weld procedures and train shop foreman and your direct reports in QC measurements, weld procedures, materials traceability and all other ASME documentation requirements including shop traveler generation and U1 data reports. POC for collaborating with AI inspectors for code jobs.
- Maintain all quality records for the Company.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection of stainless steel products in accordance with customer drawings, ASME BPVC Section VIII, Div. 1 code requirements and/or engineering blueprints.
- Conduct both onsite and offsite factory acceptance test (FAT) to customer specified QC documents.
- Participate in tri-annual review of ASME U and R stamp certification.
- Partner with the Engineering department to review (and correct) all shop fabrication drawings before they are released to the floor.
- Oversee and manage inventory, receiving, shipping, and packaging personnel to ensure compliance with Company PO and safe delivery of our customer’s product as it leaves the factory.
- Prepare and maintain various ASME QC records both for fabricated equipment as well as ASME documentation for our welding staff (e.g. WPS, PQR, and weld qualification testing, and continuity records) including responding to supplier/customer corrective action, and respond to non-conformances, either internally generated or customer generated.
- Work closely with manufacturing, engineering, vendors and office staff to review quality problems and insure problem-free production.
- Support and manage the final assembly department to successfully perform its functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering or technical degree from four-year college or university OR have significant work experience in manufacturing, welding, metal fabrication, and machining experience
- 3+ years of experience in working with Quality systems, programs, audits and procedures.
- 5+ years in the fabrication and / or manufacturing industries
- In depth knowledge of ASME and AWS codes
- Knowledgeable in ASME inspection process - incoming inspection, material certification and marking requirements and in-process inspection
- ASME Knowledge in code sections for hydrostatic testing, and be able to generate ASME records (U1 and R data reports, shop travelers, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints and verify or add weld symbols and finish callouts
- Ability to use measurement instruments, including pressure gauges, calipers, micrometers, and weld reinforcement gauges.
- Ability to verify completeness and accuracy of the information recorded.
- Ability to work, schedule and interact with Authorized ASME Inspections and present documents for their review, sign-off, etc.
- Familiar with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean and Six Sigma and ISO 9001 a plus
- Possess a craftsman’s eye for cosmetically pleasing equipment to meet our customers’ high expectations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers and departments including customers regarding testing procedures and results to resolve problems.
- Must be a self-starter who has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in relevant software, working within ERP Systems, must be highly proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII Division 1 pressure vessel code.
- Experience with welding and joint design of stainless steel, process piping and/or other AWS, BPE code specifications.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Optional Life Insurance & Aflac
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -- Stainless Process Systems does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status or disability status in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- ASME inspection: 3 years (Required)
- fabrication and / or manufacturing : 5 years (Required)
- managing quality systems, programs, audits and procedures: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Please mention that you come from TestForThem
when applying for this job.