- Have an in-depth understanding of image science, digital imaging systems and performance evaluation.
- Experience with ISP architecture(s)
- Experience with C/C++ or Matlab/Python
- Experience working on image quality tuning, evaluation and management for imaging sensors, digital cameras or other imaging systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Imaging science, Optical Science, Engineering)
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Lab126 Camera Technology team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, Camera/ISP Imaging Engineer. You will
- Lead software deliveries for camera and ISP throughout the product lifecycle - from specification, system definition and vendor selection, through software development and image quality tuning and evaluation.
- Work closely with product management, system architects, camera hardware engineers and computer vision engineers to solve complex technical challenges and deliver high-quality products.
- Work with external vendors and cross-functional teams to diagnose and solve sensor and ISP problems for our consumer products. Apply your knowledge of traditional image quality to invent new technology.
- Define and follow detailed technical requirements and metrics for image quality specification and testing.
Participate in design reviews
- Masters or PhD in a technical discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Imaging science, Optical Science, Engineering)
- Experience with imaging testing lab management and test setup design and implementation.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle, in embedded software environment
- Experience in vendor management and manufacturing processes (especially camera or sensor)
- Knowledge in any related areas:
- Camera 3A algorithms
- Android Camera HAL, kernel drivers, V4L2, Gstreamer and UVC
- MIPI, I2C, SPI and LVDS interfaces
- CMOS image sensors, optics, and actuator
- Computer vision and/or machine learning
- GPU, OpenCL, OpenCV
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working with remote teams and/or cross-functional teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Please mention that you come from TestForThem
when applying for this job.