- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
- 3+ years of experience in Software development and testing in Python, experience in automating the test cases for embedded software.
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, OOP, and complexity analysis
- Experience writing test frameworks, test automation, and test cases.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
At Amazon, we not only test the products, we treat the testing activities on par with design and invention of a system. We use state of the art technologies and methodologies to ensure the most efficient and most comprehensive testing. Invention of new test methodologies and innovation is the essence of testing in our team.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric testing solutions. In this role, you will:
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Develop Automation test harness and automate tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through to a resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products.
- Need to have hunger of continuously searching for better and more efficient test solutions, and an instinct for continuous invention and innovation.
- Have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of:
- Solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance Concepts
- Excellent solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Understanding of 802.11 standards
- In-depth knowledge of all the Layers of the OSI model
- Knowledge of Web and server programming, TCPIP and socket programming, test automation framework design and development, etc.
- You will spend efforts studying and designing the new methodologies and techniques to facilitate testing, including the state-of-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning methods.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee
- Knowledge of all the Layers of the OSI model, TCP/IP, Socket programming
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Strong experience in Python, Java, C, and C++
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Please mention that you come from TestForThem
when applying for this job.